Occupational First Aid Course (Refresher)
Course Information for Occupational First Aid Course
Any individuals interested in first aid or has been assigned a WSH-related role in the company. Must be physically fit and able to render help to another individual during an emergency.
Assumed skills and knowledge: ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 5 and above.
- Principles and practice of first aid
- First-aid requirements in factories and other workplaces
- Wounds, bleeding and shock
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Handling and transportation of the injured
- CPR & use of AED
- Breathing difficulties
- The unconscious patient
- Occupational eye injuries
- Burn injuries
- Industrial toxicology
- Safety and accident prevention
- Management of medical emergencies
Course Fee: $280.00 (Inc. GST)
Duration: 23 Hrs
Attendance: 75% Attendance
Skill Future Funding: Yes
Course Duration: 23 hours 30 mins including 2 hours 40 mins of assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English
Class Size: Maximum 18
- Written Assessment: 1 : 18
- Practical Performance: 1 : 6
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance for the entire course
CPR + AED: 100% Attendance
Assessment Method and Passing Marks
|1||Written Assessment (WA) (Closed book) – individual||Theory: 40 MCQs||40 mins|
|2||Practical Assessment – groups||Demonstration of skills||2 hours|
|Total Assessment Time||2 hours 40 mins|
The passing mark for the written assessment is 70%.
The passing mark for the CPR + AED MCQs assessment is 80%.
- Full Course Fee: $280.00 (Nett)
Funding & Claims:
- SkillsFuture Funding is available for Self-sponsored
- For Employer-sponsored trainees
(Learn more: https://www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/funding-employers)
- All self-sponsored Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above may use their SkillsFuture Credit to pay for course fees. Learn more (https://www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/funding-individuals)
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- Registered WSH Officer or OSH practitioner with at least 3 years working experience in the marine industry; and
- Possess at least a relevant and recognized diploma or equivalent; and
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
- Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety & Health
Key Person In-charge: Ye Myint Aung (Admin Manager)
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Vision Global Engineering & Safety Services Pte Ltd will be issued to all participants.
3 Soon Lee Street, #05-21/#01-26, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606