Apply Workplace Safety and Health in Shipyard Course – General Trade (AWSHGT)
Course Information for Apply Workplace Safety and Health in Shipyard (General Trade)
This course is designed for all shipyard workers working in the shipbuilding and ship repairing industry, requiring them to go through this course before they start to work at the shipyard.
Learners are assumed to have:
- Employability Skills (ES) Workplace Literacy level 3 and above.
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ES Workplace Numeracy level 3 and above
- Legal Obligation
- Fire and Explosion Hazards
- Prevention of Fires and Explosion
- Preventive Measures for Specialised Operations
- Preventive Measures for Material Handling
- Preventive Measures for Mechanical and Electrical Works
- Preventive Measures for Working at Height
- Preventive Measures for Working in Confined Space
- Personal Protective Equipment
Course Fee: $34.00 (Inc. GST)
Duration: 08 Hrs
Attendance: 100% Attendance
Skill Future Funding: Yes
Course Duration: 8 hours including 1 hour of assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English
Class Size: Maximum 20
- Written Assessment: 1 : 20
Course Attendance: 100 % Attendance
Assessment Method and Passing Marks
The 40 multiple choice question (MCQ) test.
- The total allocated time for the written assessment is 1 hour.
- The passing mark for the written assessment is 60%.
- Full Course Fee: $34.00 (Nett)
Funding & Claims:
- SkillsFuture Funding is available for Self-sponsored
- For Employer-sponsored trainees
(Learn more: https://www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/funding-employers)
- All self-sponsored Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above may use their SkillsFuture Credit to pay for course fees.
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- Registered WSH Officer or OSH practitioner with at least 3 years working experience in the marine industry; and
- Possess at least a relevant and recognized diploma or equivalent; and
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
- Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety & Health
Key Person In-charge: Ye Myint Aung (Admin Manager)
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Vision Global Engineering & Safety Services Pte Ltd will be issued to all participants.
3 Soon Lee Street, #05-21/#01-26, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
SKILLS FUTURE FUNDING DETAILS
|Type||Category of Individuals|
|Singapore Citizens and SPR||Employer-sponsored and self-sponsored Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||SME-sponsored local employees (i.e. Singapore Citizens and SPR|
|SkillsFuture Funding (Baseline)||SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (Baseline)||SkillsFuture Enhanced Training Support for SMEs|
|Total Nett fee Payable to Training Provider||$17.00||$10.20||$10.20|
|SkillsFuture Credit Claimable Amount||$17.00||$10.20||$10.20|
Note: Subject to approval by SSG T & C